This Music Night has been functioning since 2009. Welcome to our 2nd. Open Mic. for 2014!
NB. The Venue and the day have changed. 3rd. Thurs of each month except Dec :
Venue : Buffalo Girls Coffee Bar, 4-C Duke St.
Directions: Drive up Vincent St, to the roundabout near the Daylesford PO. Duke Street runs parallel to Vincent St,next street up-hill. Open Mic Sign on Duke St. on your left.Walk down / drive down dirt track. Venue set back from the road.The venue is between the Rex Arcade Car Park and the M.S. Shop on Duke St. (You turn right or left from the round about (whichever side you are coming from),up Central Springs Rd, then left into Duke Street.
(Pizza, exotic coffees, tea, soft drinks, wine and beer available. BYO ‘food’ if you wish. Vigen the owner, makes the best coffee in town, and the atmosphere is relaxed and funky)!
Date : 21st March (Thurs).
Time : 7 PM – 9.30 PM
BYO bass and electric amp. Acoustic amp and mics provided.
A raffle on the night raises money for the Daylesford Folk Blues Festival on Oct.11th. 2014.
Every participant gets 3-4 items to perform.
- Folk,blues,country,rock’n roll, poetry, duets, bands, quartets,choirs,accompanied, un-accompanied,originals,covers,instrumentals etc. all welcome!
- Acoustic amps,microphones -great sound system provided!
- Keyboard players,electric guitarists and bass players BYO amps please.
- Everyone gets three/four songs per set, and sometimes everyone gets a second round.
- Put your name down on the whiteboard as you come in.
- The Feature Act for the night gets 7 songs or 35 minutes.
Bookings being taken now. First in best dressed. See dates below.
2014 Dates :
3rd Thursday of each month:
Sept 18th. Feature Act Dennis Johns.
NB No Open Mic night in Dec –( too close to Christmas) and none in Jan 2015 – holidays.
Please pass this info. on to any like- minded folk who might like to indulge in some wonderful music on the night. Audiences welcome too!
Our new Facebook Page is : http://www.facebook.com/AcousticSessionsDaylesford